Tuesday, January 20, 2009

William Stout Prehistoric Life Murals

Here's another book I designed for my good friends at Flesk Publications. This book details the creation of the murals by William Stout, that appear at the San Diego Natural History Museum. Bill gives a first hand account from creating the sketches, to the color studies, and finally to the finished paintings. I always wished that I could have seen preliminary sketches and heard the thoughts that Charles R. Knight had gone through, when he created his dinosaur paintings. Bill certainly is carrying on the tradition of Mr. Knights, and it is very exciting to be able to read what he went through to execute his timeless masterpieces. This book is currently at the printer and should be available from the publisher within the next 30 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randy,

    I've got my eye on your great work for some time now. Can't wait to see more in the upcoming Flesk Publications volumes on Mark Schultz and William Stout.
    Keep up the SUPER work!!

    Best, Mark Thelosen

    ReplyDelete